Friday, December 21, 2007

72* and Sunny in California








Yes all of you who were freezing cold here can be jealous! California was absolutely beautiful and warm! I'm sure people thought that we were nuts wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts, especially placing our children in them. Most were walking around in jackets, sweaters, and turtlenecks!

While there we were able to visit and spend time with Dave's Grandparents in Murrieta. Grandpa Wurtz asked if I was carrying again and I told him no that I just hadn't lost all of the baby weight yet. Grandma Wurtz took the kids, Dave, and I on a walk around the block while supper was cooking. When we came back from our walk Grandpa had Dave hook-up his new all in one printing station and get the pictures off of Grandma's camera. The kids had a blast and wished that they would've stayed longer. From their place we left for Dana Point for dinner with his Grandpas. While traveling there we got stuck in construction for over a 1/2 hour while traffic headed in the opposite direction. Unfortunately, we had no cell phone service to ring ahead and let them know that we would be late and when we finally did get service no one would answer the phone at the location. We finally arrived late but to open arms. Dave dropped me off and Grandpa Bill escorted me in to let Grandpa Joe know that we were here. While walking in Bill looked and me and said, "Grandpa and I have done the math and our expecting some news about an up coming arrival." Once again, I let them know that No, I am not expecting I just haven't lost the baby weight as easily as the first two. The kids were excited to see their Grandpas and they seemed to be the hit at the Yatch Club. We feel so grateful to have been able to see them, the cookbook which Grandpa Bill put together is awesome and I can't wait to try all of the new recipes. All in all it was so much fun to get together with both sets of Grandparents and we love them dearly.

Next we were able to see Dave's best friend Jeff and the Browns! It was just like coming home, we love seeing them every time that we are able too. The kids especially loved the boat ride through Naples to see the lights with Jeff, his girlfriend Elizabeth (hopefully his fiance soon), Ryan, and Madison. The kids were all so well behaved and Addison loved hanging out with Madison and telling her all of the cool things that she could do.

Addison and JT loved spending time with Sarah playing games and going to the park with her. The kids loved having someone other than their mom and dad to play with.

Before we left I told Dave that there were a few places that I wanted to attend while we were in Cali one being El Zarape. So, on Thursday night we got together with Dave's brother Josh and his wife Kristen and all had dinner at El Zarape it was soo yummy! Addison and JT fell asleep while eating, JT in Dave's arms and Addison in my lap. Kristen took Payslei out of her carrier and feed her rice which she absolutely loved. When dinner was over we all headed back to Dad and Mom's house to laugh and visit more.

Lastly, we were able to seem Michelle and the girls which was a blast! Friday night we went and got pizza and laughed our butts off. Then on Saturday we went to the beach and took family pictures! The kids absolutely loved the beach! We feel so grateful to have such an amazing family!

Sorry for the run down but I need to keep a journal of the events some how!

5 comments:

Kim said...

finally!!!! cute pix.

Anonymous said...

ahhh... wut cuties we have! :) so glad we got to spend some time w/ u guys :) xoxo

Rachel said...

LOVE, love, love the layout! It's GORGEOUS! I was so happy to see a new post! And the pictures are dalring.

I am SO SORRY about the 'kind' words you recived about expecting. Men should just know to NEVER assume anything, especially in that reagard!

Bambi said...

You have such a cute family.

Joyce said...

Love the family pictures!! It sounded like you guys had a great Christmas!!