Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The hustle and bussel of the holidays....


I wish that we could say that the Holidays went on without a hitch but, that just wouldn't be true... Dave worked Christmas morning and so I had written Santa a letter to let him know not to deliver the presents until "Daddy got home." So, when Dave was on his way home he called to let me know that I could pick him up at home and then go and get the kids at my parents house. Needless to say the pictures of them walking into the house were adorable! As soon as the present opening was over we headed straight back to my parents house for Christmas dinner. YUMMY! Unfortunately as soon as we had all started eating Dave's phone rang, it was Leslie informing us that we needed to come and take Grammy Mac too the hospital. Diverticulitis was in full swing...She was admitted that night and had surgery the next morning where they removed a foot of her colon. Dave stayed with her that night until she was admitted and then called me to come and pick him up. I told him that he had to wait since I was on the phone with my lil' brother Brandon who is on his mission in Atlanta Georgia. I held it together pretty well but boy do I miss him!

The next day we found out that Grandpa Bill's mom had fallen and broken her hip as well as her shoulder and underwent surgery that night. I am happy to report that she is doing well and is hoping to leave the care home tomorrow.

Michelle was amazing and flew out Thursday night to help get moms place in order as well as mine; since she will be staying upstairs in JT's room until she is able to move on her own. We truly love our auntie Michelle and appreciate those who made it possible for her to be here!!!

Decorations were all taken down the day after Christmas and I am now beginning to consolidate and eliminate!

As for Grammy Mac the Dr. is hopeful that she will be able to leave the hospital possibly Friday or Saturday. She is already looking forward to being off of a liquid diet and eating "normal" food. Minus anything with nuts, small seeds, corn, etc.


My lil' brother was involved in a car accident on Saturday morning while driving the mission van. Everyone says that they are lucky to be alive considering the bumper was in the cab. They were sideswiped by a vehicle in the next lane and hit the barrier before crossing 6 lanes and hitting the opposite barrier just to cross it again. In true form my little brother is asking that we not only pray for his companion and him but also for the one that hit their vehicle and kept driving because she had to witness it in the rear view mirror.

Lastly, New Years was spent again at my parents house where we had a "chocolate mountain", Carmel and Fondue party to ring in the new year. It was so much fun to be with family and especially my husband this year.

Even though 2007 ended with some pretty big things we are grateful that 2008 is starting out amazing! So from our family to yours WE HOPE YOUR NEW YEAR IS FULL OF MEMORIES THAT INCLUDE EXCITEMENT AND LOVE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whew!!! that made me exhausted just reading about it! oh wait no... the exhaustion is from living it! ;) haha

it was good regardless of the circumstances to see u guys! and jt... she's my pay-pay!!! :P hehe

luv u!!!

auntie shell

Kim said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Kelsey said.."Who is that?" I said, "it's Addison." She responded,"Oh. Did she GROW?" hehe. that's funny. love the pix.

Jordan and Jandee said...

Wow this is crazy! I can't believe your holidays, I'm glad it sounds like everyone is on the mend!

Rachel said...

Way too much drama for one week! Yikes! I'm glad all is well and wish you only the best for the new year!!!! Cute pictures, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the picture of Adison? the top picture from this post, looks a lot like Leslie's younger photos! Your kids are adorable! I hope life is going well for you guys! : )

-Summer