This year we were blessed to be able to participate in the local St. Anthony Parade, where my grandparents were the Grand Marshal's. There is always something nostalgic about a small town parade. It was even more memorable this year with almost the whole extend family sitting and dancing on two trailers while throwing candy. Grandma wore a pioneer outfit while Grandpa wore his cowboy hat. (grandma was swooning, just like when she was younger) 


If your wondering about the awesome hats my sisters and I had on they were in honor of my Grandma who wears these all the time. 

The only unfortunate thing that happened was missing the rodeo, which I was looking forward to!(I was talking about it for weeks in advance!) Saturday night, the night of the rodeo, a huge micro burst hit right before we were to go and kicked up a ton of dust. I mean it picked up and blew air mattresses down the road as well as floating toys, tent rain flys, and anything else that wasn't heavy enough. So, we made the decision to not go where all the dust was. :(
It was a truly wonderful and memorable time. So Thank You everyone for making this year so wonderful.
1 comment:
Hooray, you're back to blogging! We've missed seeing what you guys have been up to!
Welcome back :)
Post a Comment