Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Trees and Time Out

Well Addison is home now and the kids have already started into full swing. "He hit me, mommy spank your bum, go to your mommy, and my favorite....NOOOO!" of course followed by screaming. These two rugrats seem to think that the place to play is right around the Christmas Tree redecorating and undecorating all of the glass ornaments. So much for me thinking that they would be okay with them like they were last year. Addison has found it fun to rearrange all of the presents under the tree and stack and then unstack and place stickers on them as well. I am to the point now where I just laugh to myself and realize why my mother never put gifts out until the wee morning hours, kids like to destroy all of your hard work. Gram's wondered how JT and Addie would react to her coming home, she says that Brittany almost tackled me when I got back for California with excitement to see me. Well, no such luck! Addison got home late Sunday night after JT was in bed. She fell asleep in our bed with her Daddies understanding to "put me out on the couch by my tismas tree. Tants Dad." Maybe if we were lucky JT woke up an hour later that is if we were lucky. You see he stayed up screaming until 5:30 the next morning. Was anything wrong? Who knows at this point, all I know is that I am extremely sleep deprived (Addie up at 7:00 and JT at 7:30). So needless to say our children ended up in time out quiet a few times yesterday. In fact, Addison is learning from Kami and if JT even enters her room while she is in time out it is a catastrophic event. I think she likes her alone time as well at least from her brother. Hopefully they will get along better today or they might just start living in their bedrooms.

No comments: