Sunday, December 03, 2006

Letter from the Commander

Yesterday Dave received a letter from the Highway Patrol and handed it over to me before even opening it. He thought that it was something for me regarding his job and I usually take care of all of the mail and appointment related things. This letter though brought a smile to my face and reminded me just how lucky I am to have a great guy like him for my husband. You see his Commander had received a letter from a gentleman that Dave had assisted on U150 back in October. I should back up by saying that most letters that are written are never nice but usually written when people are upset about a situation that they were involved in sometimes by choice and sometimes not. Never the less, this gentleman took the time to write a letter stating his gratitude for Dave and his "professionalism" in handling his crash. His only regret was that he couldn't of met him under different circumstances. His Commander in turn then took time to write Dave another letter of appreciation for how he had responded to this gentleman needs. He said that Dave had not forgotten "how traumatic these events are for our citizens." He ended it by stating that he was a credit to their department and their "proud reputation for service to the public." When I finished reading the letter I called Dave back into the room and asked if he knew anything about this letter. He said "No, what does it say?" I made him read it himself and as he walked into the other room you could see the smile form on his face. We all know when we perform our jobs we do it because we need to but sometimes its nice when it goes noticed by others. We are all so proud of our Trooper Wurtz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, Brandon says "way to go gay lover!"