Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just for Giggles

I thought that it was about time that I posted some of the quotable sayings and mishaps that have happened over the past little while. The most recent one happened this afternoon as I laid resting on the couch...Addison came up to me and looked at my exposed belly and began to pat it with her hands with each pat getting bigger. She exclaimed that my belly was squishy and bounced like a trampoline. "Look at how it wiggles mommy." Next exciting moment was when I was in my room sorting through mounds of clothes and ran out to answer the telephone. My kitchen was completely soaked! JT had taken the spray nozzle and spun around in a circle while it was turned on. Everything and I mean everything was drenched! My dad was the one on the other end of the telephone and as I told him what happened he chuckled and exclaimed that, "That is one of the reasons we are glad to have boys." All I could do was laugh! Addison starts preschool tomorrow and is ecstatic! In fact, I do not know which one of us is more excited...We met her teacher for the first time on Monday, it went super well. Addison was so anxious that she picked out her outfit and wore it on Monday and so now we have to go and get a "new" one for tomorrow. I will post pix of both of the outfits. JT is totally bummed that he doesn't get to go as well but he will go next year and I am already counting down the days. JT also refuses to sleep in his own room as there are MONSTERS that reside there. His Gramps told him to tell the monsters to "Come out or Gramps will kick their butts!" So now I have a 2 year old running around yelling that he is going to "kick your butt!" and that "No Monsters in my room I beat dem up!" Unfortunately, every night those same monsters seem to return and the cycle begins all over again. There were so many more quotable things but alas my mind went blank! Oh well I'll just have to post it later.

2 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

glad to see you've posted. I was getting ready to call and chastise. (Just kidding, like I have the right to do that) Nice to hear your adventures. Tell Addie I am excited for her.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you wrote these things down! I don't do that often enough, and the things kids say are hilarious! Luke at dinner, yesterday, ran up to the table and said, "can I say the prayer? I just said a really good one in my head." and you know what, it was a really good one! Hmmm.. Maybe I should blog it so it's not forgotten! :)