Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Addison and her helping hands

I have been meaning to write about this event ever since I was told on Monday. Over Easter weekend we were over at Gram's and Gramp's house playing and trying to get things ready for the BBQ at Uncle Kevin's house. In all of our excitement Addison didn't quite make it to the toilet and had a very small accident. She took it upon herself to clean herself up and put her clothing into the washer. Addison wanted to start the machine but Grams told her that it wasn't full yet and to have me get her new clothes to wear. She did as she was told but, when no one was around she took it upon herself to fill the compartment with laundry soap. When I say fill I actually mean stuffed, it was completely full, bleach, fabric softener, and soap area crammed in tight. It was so tight that when Grams tried to pull out the compartment drawer it was stuck. Grams said that she had to take the compartment completely out, salvage what soap she could and rinse out the rest. Also in Grams discovery was a towel with a nice pile of laundry detergent. Needless to say that when my washing machine gets installed I will probably have to place the soap up high or teach Addison how to correctly do the laundry.

No comments: