Friday, October 05, 2007

Boys will be boys....











So the past weekend our family and some of our friends went out too Little Sahara to play in the dirt. Matt had gotten a new dirt bike and couldn't wait to break it in and knew that Dave loves playing in the dirt. So, after a few trips to Rocky Mountain Motorsports and a visit to 5 mile pass it was decided by the boys that we needed to go camping. I guess that I should probably back up a little and explain that we went with 2 somewhat newly wed couples thus responsibility isn't something that they understand. Packing for them is a cinch each one of them does their own while I on the other hand had 3 children and one husband to get ready for, who thought that the store was more important than helping his wife. Yes, we discussed this in detail!!!Needless to say by the time we got on the road I had had enough and was done. Not to mention that I left my wallet at the local grocery store in the process. Once we got to the campground everyone was ready to get onto the dunes. I in the meantime had to take care of the kids, begin setting up the tent, etc.,etc. When Dave came back from riding I think that his conscious got the better of him and he decided to aide in assembling the tent and quickly start the coals for dinner. Dutch Oven Lasagna, YUMMY! and Peach Cobbler a' la Dave. Then it was time for bed which Daddy took in stride as he tried to get the older two to go to bed. Needless to say it took singing and cuddling with mommy for the sandman to come. Next morning it was riding again while I made breakfast and tried to calm a little boy who was devastated that his sister went instead of him. Not to worry mommy took him and his baby sister on a little ride around the campsite. I have to say that he is such a boy and absolutely loves the dirt and anything with a motor. As we were riding around camp he kept begging, "Peas mommy go on the sand, up the hills," "No mommy the sand mountains." He is to smart and daring for his own good. Lucky for him his daddy has the same sense of adventure and took him into the "bowls" and as Matt would say, "they were banking like sideways." and JT kept asking to go faster. I did go out riding for a brief moment before we left but I was on the utility and kept sinking into the sand so I went back in and let Dave leave again. He has already gone out this week and will probably go out again before the "season" is over. Here are a few of the pictures from the event thanks to Matt. We got half way and realized that we had forgotten our camera. We had a blast!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gina ur one hot tamale! ;) xo but we do need to get u a different sweatshirt! hehe dave... & the kids are lucky to have u! xoxo

Rachel said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a seriously FUN weekend!!