Sunday, June 08, 2008

Swearing...

For those of you who do not already know and think that we are amazing parents do not read any further!!! Okay, so now that you have been warned, I will proceed.

While Dave is an amazing parent who seldom/never swears I am not. I have no excuse for the language which comes from my mouth and have tried multiple times to stop but find myself slipping back . My parents are not responsible in fact, the worse thing I have ever heard my dad say was that he was going to kick someones butt after they had threatened his daughters life, as for my mom she did call my Aunt Jana a "b" when they were growing up but that doesn't count. Unfortunately my children have picked up these terrible words. Addison seems to favor the "s" word as well as the "d" when things don't go exactly as planned or something gets lost. I remember my mom saying that she was sure that Addison would refer to her little brother as, "Isn't he just the cutest little "s" you have ever seen?" I have to admit that when she said it the first time I grinned. (You see that is what my Grandpa Neal lovingly refers to me as, as well as my Aunt Kathy)

Well today while in my "Marriage and Family relations class" (Dave signed us up for this one!) the topic was mothers. UGH! All of the mothers went on to say how they teach their children the scriptures, sing the hymns, have family home evening together, and pray together, etc.... All I could think of was when we were leaving my cousins farewell and Addison's booster seat wasn't in the van she calls out, "Oh "s"!" Then the words of Dave's mom, "I am not happy with Addison's word choices lately, she has picked up on some very bad words..." Oh, and for the record I did get after her but isn't that a bit hypocritical?!

So, needless to say my heart wasn't exactly in the right spot today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does it make me a bad sister or aunt since i laughed my "a" off the whole time i was reading this and still have a "s"-eating grin on my face??? u really are my sister from another mister g! i love u!!!

make sure u tell my brother i say thanks again for pickin u! ;)

Ashley Wilson said...

Okay this story is so freakin funny!! Oh this is Ashley by the way and I can't believe how big all the kiddos are getting!!! I miss you guys!