Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Why I love being a mom....

As I am sitting here looking up info on the computer I hear my children banging their feet on the picture window which causes me to chuckle and reflect on the past couple of days. Since today is the most fresh on my mind I will start there. This morning my beautiful baby girl launched spit up onto the top of my forehead, down into my hair, and onto my glasses, the best part of this is that the spit up not only covered my glasses but ran down my forehead into my eyes and from there down past my chin. Now, lets all say this together YUCK!! The next adventures came right after, Auntie Lele and Uncle Pill showed up and I was not dressed yet due to the previous incident with the baby, I was not allowed to get up until Dave came and shut the bedroom door. The kids thought that it was an awesome treat to have their Auntie and Uncle over to play and eat pancakes with us. After playing for awhile it was nap time and Phill tried to get JT and Addison to lay down with him, no such luck instead JT ran into the bathroom. <-This is where it gets good...He decided to change his own diaper and sit on the toilet. Needless to say when I went into the bathroom Addison was trying to help him clean off the toilet seat. His bottom half was covered in yuck, smelly; well you get the point. I quickly cleaned him up and placed him into the tub to really get clean and made Addie wash her hands and leave the bathroom. Next it was Leslie turn and she amazingly got the kids to sleep. ( I wish that they would listen to me the way they listen to her but that's another story) Phill fell asleep holding Payslei on the couch while Leslie and I talked and looked at fonts. As they were getting ready to leave JT woke up and wanted to play, luckily they left before he woke up all they way or else drama would've occured. I made lunch and JT spilled his Orange juice all over my new vanity needless to say I was thrilled with excitement, no seriously I cleaned it up with a little help from JT. Addison woke up next and she also needed lunch but..."I dont want broccoli, carrots, or this stuff, I don't like broccoli until Sunday." Now onto yesterday, my poor children did not fall asleep until 10:30/11:30 last night, they were in bed multiple times but no sleeping had occurred until that hour. Earlier the new vanity was turned into a car and off the two of them went to Costco, Gramms, etc... Oh and yes milk was spilled all over the vanity yet again while I was taking care of Payslei, Addie opened the fridge and you know what happened next. Quick side note the kids just picked up the phone and are saying hello and dialing numbers. AAAHHHH! All in all the kids weren't that bad yesterday the true drama happened Monday night. It was of course bedtime, JT and Payslei were both asleep and Addison was in full diva mode. I had to help my best friend unload a trundle bed frame and put it in the house before she left. Addison had a fit and yelled at the top of her lungs telling me that she did not want it to come into our house. Now here is the funniest part. I was trying to explain why we need the trundle to use for company and for when Payslei got older. Addison screamed, "I don't want it under my bed EVER! Payslei can't share my room with me EVER, EVER! (and my favorite) I never going to let Payslei sleep in my room EVER, FOREVER!!! This all was happening as she was running into her room. Earlier in the day we had played at my mom's house, drama usually happens when we head for home and also traveled up to Midway and just below the dam on two separate occasions all for Dave's work. Dave did make a stop at the Dock of the Bay to let the kids get out some of their wiggles. So why some of you might not relate to why I have to post "I love being a mom" just wait until you are a parent and are having some of these things happening you will also find yourself needing to remind you and others that you really do love being a mom. I mean what other job could you honestly wear mismatched pajamas, toe socks, and glasses as your work attire. I really do love my kids they truly are the excitement in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oy!... just keep tellin urself that gina! ;) i feel ya tho. gotta love bein a stay at home mommy of 3! xoxo

Brandon and Brittany said...

Gina, got to say, honestly this is probably the first time I've read your blog and laughed outloud. (I've usually heard the story from either mom or you before I read it on the blog) However this time, while I'd heard the majority of this story, I hadn't heard the throw up in the eyes or the "Payslei will never share my room EVER FOREVER!" You've got to love diva mode (perfect explanation of that particular situation we have all been in) Anyway, just wanted you to know your misfortune made me laugh (just as I know mine is always a source of amusement for you...)