Sunday, October 21, 2007

Addison's first Primary Program

Today was Addison's first Primary Program and it was so cute! Addison was so excited to go and sit up on the stand to sing and say he speaking part. I made sure to wake her up early to get ready and had arranged with Grammy Mac to take her to church so that she wouldn't be late. It was a beautiful program and when it was over Addison proudly came down to where we were sitting to receive her praise. Sadly though, I missed hearing her speak her part I caught the last of her class but did not see her stand in front of the mike and she let me know it. Her exact words were, "Mommy you didn't hear me say my part, Jesus is my big brother, you were still walking." I sweetly explained to her that I was so sorry that I had missed hearing her part but, that I had helped her practice it and so I already knew how amazing she was at saying it. I do have to say how cute it was to see her up there singing her little heart out and how that while she was standing there and happened to look over and notice me her whole countenance changed, she started to smile and sing a little bit louder as if to say, "Mommy, look at me!" I was so proud of her! JT on the other hand was very disappointed that he was not up there with his big sister, he kept asking, "Where's Addie?, How come Addie's up there?, Wheres Addison?" Poor Grammy Mac kept explaining and when she started to sing along JT promptly told her, "Stop Singing, Why you singing?" to which she patiently replied, "because I am in Primary and I sing these songs." Needless to say it was a great Primary Program and our home teacher informed us that when Addison got up to the mike and said her part that both he and his wife smiled and laughed at how cute she had said her part!

1 comment:

wurtz said...

I love it that they are excited now and in 8 years or so they can't wait to not be in the program. She's so cute.