Small glimpses into the lives of a energetic family of five. One that never stops learning, loving, and laughing together.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Clean up clean up
Today was an exciting day to say the least...that is if you consider cleaning an exciting event. Lately I have been feeling the need to take a bulldozer to all of the clutter that I have in my life right now. So with that being said today I approached Addison and asked her if we could clean her room and in doing so we would throw away all of the broken toys as wells as give toys that she no longer played with to other children who needed toys. It was amazing she immediately hopped up off of the floor and stated that we needed to go and clean her room because she knew that there were a lot of kids who need her old toys. I am so proud of my little girl, in fact we only had tears shed once when Daddy came home and told her that he was going to throw all of her toys away or give them away unless I quickly came back in the room. I quickly came into the room and told him that he could not and then I explained that she had been doing so well at cleaning and making good decisions. The damage had already been done so to try and recover he told Addison that if he did give away all of her toys that he would buy her new ones. Addie was so excited that she went to empty out all of her "keep toys" so that she could have all new ones. Bad idea Daddy!!! Seriously though I am so proud of my little girl she got rid of one large black garbage bag and a huge box full of toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny how our husbands, with their best intentions, can come in and turn a situation completely around...not meaning any harm, but still. It's always so nice to SPRING CLEAN, and I love that you involved Addison in the decision making.
Post a Comment