Small glimpses into the lives of a energetic family of five. One that never stops learning, loving, and laughing together.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
JT and the Terrible Two's they have just begun
Now I know that my children are God sent but sometimes I think that the man upstairs has a twisted sense of humor when it comes to my kids and their behavior. Take today for an example...JT only wants candy for breakfast and wont eat anything else. Later while I am multitasking JT takes off his diaper and comes into the Front room (no big deal he has been potty training himself) WRONG!!! He looks at me and smiles squats down in front of his little skateboard and craps on the floor. As he does this he proceeds to look up at me lovingly I yell get your but in on the toilet and off his little toosh runs and sits up. To late though the damage is done the is crap on my floor. (Mind you when this happens I am on the phone and checking the news on the computer, my best friend hears me yelling and is just laughing!) Now being the mom that I am I run a bath and have him get into it to clean off, Addison decides that she needs to bathe as well so soon they are playing and having a great time. Payslei wakes up again and so I am in the bedroom changing her and feeding her when my bf shows up and immediately JT thinks that he needs to get out of the tub so that he can leave with her. Thank goodness that Daddy shows up and so now he is distracted. Melissa leaves and then Daddy leaves to run just a few more errands and the kids have a good time playing all the while they keep asking to go outside to play. I quickly strike a deal with them and tell them that they can play in the backyard after lunch while Dave and I finish our reading for the Dive class later that night. Dave gets home and we start studying while the Macaroni and Cheese cook. The kids eat lunch and are watching cartoons when I get the notion to check on them. This is another big mistake, JT in all his "acrobatic/engineering know how" has pushed the piano bench from the front room into the kitchen up against the dishwasher which he has pushed in front of the fridge and climbed from one object to the next to retrieve the koolaide mixture that was located on top. After retrieving the koolaide he pushed the piano bench and dishwasher back up against the wall where the dishwasher goes. Needless to say he tried to get himself a drink of koolaide by mixing it himself and poor Addison was trying to be good and clean it up so that he mommy didn't have a nervous break down. Unfortunately for both of them koolaide doesn't clean up well with water, its best to first sweep up all you can and then get a wet rag. The mess was everywhere, in the children's hair, on their clothing, as well as their skin, not to mention the kitchen floor, interior and exterior of the fridge, Dining room floor, chair, Front room, my Sheets and Comforter. It was everywhere red koolaide. At the time it happened I was furious but looking back now I see that it wasn't something that is worth having a nervous breakdown over just something that I should post for all to laugh at and show JT when he is older. So for all of you moms laughing now I hope that you never have to clean up red koolaide and that you all put the powdered drink substances up behind closed cupboard doors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where are the pictures? Holy cow, what a day! I sympathize with you..and cry for you! Those days are hard, but after the heat of the moment pass, they sure make great stories!!! My Fletch is in his lovely terrible twos stage and crying as I type this, from his bed, because he WANTS MOMMY, when he should be asleep! AUGH! Good luck with all of that! It always cracks me up how much we DO manage to do at the same time (i.e. taking care of your baby and the other two in the tub)! :)
2 words for u sister... juice box ;) hahahaha love u! xoxo
Post a Comment