"Does what I say even matter?" NO!
Yes that has to be one of the stupidest questions I have yet to ask my dear sweet children. I of course asked it after I was at my wits end and ready to begin a short and downward spiral. The older two had not been listening to what I asked since their naps. My requests went something like...JT please drink your milk in the kitchen. Addison please do not pull the newspaper apart. Children please do not climb on the couch. they then turned into demands...Get out of the curtains. Do not hit your sister with the bat. Get out of the baby swing. Do not sass me! Dave please help me!!! Yes in my moment of despair sound came to the question that I was drumming over and over again in my mind, "Does what I say even matter?" Oddly enough I wasn't expecting an answer but my smart little two year old quickly responded, "NO!" At that moment I just had to take a deep breath and laugh to myself thinking he is to smart for his own good. So tonight I am ready to throw in the towel, I give up! At this point I can only think that tomorrow is another day and hopefully then I can get ahead or at least think I've won one adventure.
3 comments:
I am so sorry! I have had moments like these lately, as well. My kids act like I'm the meanest mom in the world if I say NO to them. Sadly, it's partly my fault...I am too soft for their own good. I have found myself saying some completely ridiculous things. I admire you for being able to laugh to yourself. Laughter has saved me more times than I can count and isn't it a much better emotion? Tomorrow is a new and wonderful day! It's yours for the taking!!! :)
Kids can make our days wonderful or they can make them horrible! I love knowing that tomorrow is a New day to start all over! :) I hope you have a great day tomorrow!
ok gina... i dont mean to laugh at ur expense but im laughin out loud!...hard!!! ;) it started with that rediculous question..."does wut i say even matter" then the "do not SASS me!" ... thats soooo u (love u) & theeeenn... the "david please help me!" hahahaha u should take ur act on the road! ;) but the quick witted reply from my obviously brilliant nephew!... he must be my nephew to get u on that one! love u sister!!! cant wait to see u in a few days :) xoxo
Post a Comment